What colour is my TR?

After much head scratching, money spending and paint mixing I am no near discovering what colour my Tr is. :( .

Does anyone out there know the history of my car? vin is SATTPABJTAA406807 (I think), origionally it was according to the vin plate Cavalry Blue (JCJ). But when it was refurbed possibly sometime during 1999/2000 that's before the plate change the car was resprayed. It looks like a Triumph colour but it is definately not Persian Aqua (JMW) or Astral Blue (JAF or JAF/L). It looks more of a bluey/silvery/grey colour? could it be Argent Silver AKA Rhodium Gray?

Does anyone out there have any knowlege on this car? It seems to have travelled around the country with MOT certs from, portsmouth, southampton, lockerbie, carlisle and Hayling Island over the last 8 years.

If you were the one who had the work done or know of, I want some touch up paint that is the correct colour as a total respray seems a bit dramatic (and expensive).

My local paint dealer has told me to come back in the summer when the weather is better but I would prefer to keep tin worm at bay sooner by covering up any blemishes.

Any thoughts apreciated :rolleyes:

PS - great power slides in the snow today rear wheel drive rocks!!!

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Have just discovered that my early thoughts on the car colour not being Persian Aqua (JMW) may not be correct as according to the local paint matching company there were 3 versions :- JMW, JMW/L & JMW/D presumably the L & D meant light and dark, anyone out there shed any light on this ? <_<

Bryan