Hi Jeroen and welcome to the forum

The penrite oil, to my knowledge is a semi sythetic oil, probably not realy suited to the Tr engine ( I use the classic 20/50 ) however the 60 grade would mean it wouldnt thin out at high running temperatures, so may be fine to try. Just keep an eye on the pressure guage, if it runs lower, change back to a mineral 20/50 The other thing is the Tr4 has a total oil capacity of 6.25 litres, so 5l isnt enough even without changing the filter! :lol:

Regards

Dale

Edited by Dale  Moore
Hi Jeroen and welcome to the forum

The penrite oil, to my knowledge is a semi sythetic oil, probably not realy suited to the Tr engine ( I use the classic 20/50 ) however the 60 grade would mean it wouldnt thin out at high running temperatures, so may be fine to try. Just keep an eye on the pressure guage, if it runs lower, change back to a mineral 20/50 The other thing is the Tr4 has a total oil capacity of 6.25 litres, so 5l isnt enough even without changing the filter! :lol:

Regards

Dale

This is wrong, 60 weight is heavier than 50 so he'll have more oil pressure when hot not less! Semi Synth should be OK.

Should be fine but he'll need another 1.5 litres from somewhere!

I did say it wouldnt thin out at higher temperatures Hence it should be ok Keeping an eye on the pressure gauge refered more to cold start (perhaps I should have explained better) Mine can reach 80+ on fresh 20/50 oil, but wouldnt expect that thinner ( at lower temperature) semi synth oil

Dale