Setting the metering unit

A couple of people have asked for some data. Apologies, I'm having a lot of technical problems posting to this site. I seem to get one chance and then the system generates server errors whenever I try to do anything. I have to wait a day to re-try. Trying to sort it out with the site admin. I'll post some data when I'm through these tech problems.

Ralph

Try again to post some data. Hopefully the attachments work

This one is a map showing how the air/fuel ratio varies with manifold pressure (MAP) and rpm. The chemically correct AFR is 14.7, anything higher than this (blue colours) is running lean and any lower numbers are running rich. A MAP of 102kPa is full throttle. Cruise is in the range 75 to 90 kPa depending on how fast you're driving. You only get less than 70kPa on the overrun and it doesn't really matter that it runs lean here (except that it pops and spits a bit). On full throttle you need it to be rich I've aimed for an AFR of 12.5 but I don't really know whether this is optimal for these engines.

post-4366-1176450388_thumb.jpg

Ralph

post-4366-1176450388_thumb.jpg

Now things seem to be working again.

This attachment shows the car accelerating full throttle in 3rd (I have a non-standard ratios). The solid lines are what I'm achieving now and the broken lines are before I started fiddling. The black line is rpm. The purple line is the AFR (air fuel ratio - see last post for explanation of values). This clearly shows the extent of leaning at high rpm.

post-4366-1176450707_thumb.jpg

Ralph

post-4366-1176450707_thumb.jpg