tr6 power problem

Guest Simon Bolton
went out for a blast today and lost power to my overdrive fuel gauge temp gauge indicators and wipers. the fuse had blown so I changed it and the power was not restored! any ideas or help. its a tr6 cr 1974. thanks jo.

Hi Jo This may help. I have just replaced my facia and left off one of the leads to the voltage stabaliser.Guess what? No fuel, temp wipers etc. Its a bitch to get to though up between rev and speedo.May help Hope it does Simon

Hi Jo,

is the new fuse OK. It maybe that you have a serious short circuit and fitting a new fuse causes it to blow - worth a check.

If it has blown then you could check out each section of the circuit with an Avo by isolating each bit. The meters should be on a different set of wqiring to the O/D solenoid.

Just a silly thought - have you fitted the new fuse correctly ie. is it making contact with its springy holdy things

Best of luck

Roger

I've had the same problem (gauge not working indivators and wipers). Looked in the Bentley manual and checked every sorce on the fuse . Turned out to be the wiper switch which shortend the circuit. The switch wasn't even broken but was accidentally put in the postion between off and on. :o