I am about to send a lot of the parts of my TR250 off to be powdercoated. I thought that the

air filter box should be black but have seen some pictures where these are silver. I believe that

they should be black but I quite like them in silver. Can anyone confirm the correct colour?

Thanks

Simon

Simon,

Mine was silver when I got it in 1976, and I have no reason to believe it was re-sprayed - however I can't confirm whether that is correct. It was of course not powder coated but rather a flat metallic silver, FWIW.

If I were you I would colour it according to my preference; it's an easy item to change on a whim.

More and more specifics on originality are being lost over time; for example my first '250 came with a fuel pump having a glass cover. I've not seen one in any manual or marque book, but I was delighted to get one of these NOS on ebay recently - I don't think anyone else knew its application to this model.

I think we have some leeway in the details nowadays. For my part, I'm trying to stick with originality on the fixed things and going with personal preference on certain other reversible features.

Simon

My TR6 was original when I got it in 1975 & the filter box has always been black. Back then, a friend of mine had a TR5 & through the cobwebs of my memory, something is telling me silver. I’m not entirely sure but I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that early TR5’s (& poss. TR250) had silver air boxes but I would have though someone on here would know for sure!