No fuel at No 1 cylinder

All of the sudden, my TR6 started to run badly - not on all 6 cylinders

After taking the sparkplugs out I discovered that No1 plug was black but not sooty

There is a spark.

i took the injector out and turned the engine over (coil disconnected) but saw no fuel coming out. The adjacent injector did have a nice cone

i took the injector off the pipe (its a newish one) and to my surprise on turning the engine over, there was no fuel coming out of the pipe.

As I disconnected the pipe at the metering unit and there was a dribble of fuel. I have blown through the pipe and it seems clear.

I am ignorant about the workings of the metering unit - is it possible then, that there is a fault with the metering unit, whereby it is failing to deliver fuel to one of the injectors ONLY? The metering unit is an unleaded replacement and not that old.

If it is I'll need to take it off and get it sent back to the supplier , although i will swap the injectors rouind and do another test on no1.

Is turning the negine over on the starter motor enough to get the fuel through or should I run tthe engione to test the injectors?

finally, if i disconnect the union ffor no1 atg the metering unit will it go back together and reseal - Is it possible to get a servcing kit for the spring/seals ?

I'm fairly new to TR6 ownership and this forum, and realise that there is a wealth of knowledge and experience out there! Its great

Thanks

It's unlikely that the metering unit is the cause of the problem.

The probable cause is a blocked injector - blow through it with an airline.

Fuel doesn't tend to come out once the injector has been removed - I think residual pressure is needed for bleeding to occur.

Try swapping the injector with it’s neighbor to see if the problem moves with it but remember, now you’ve had no 1 injector line off you will need to bleed all the air from it before any fuel will come out. To clear a blocked injector either blow it through with an air line as suggested (although I suspect you haven’t got one) or alternatively, you need to run the engine (on 5 cylinders) & VERY GENTLY keep pulling the injector nozzle off it’s seat until fuel appears & then sprays in a nice cone; you can also bleed air from the injector line the same way. Catch the fuel on a thick rag (or jam jar as some prefer) but avoid pointing the injector the exhaust manifold & definitely don’t point it at the dizzy, spark plugs or leads. There is also a mountain of info in the forum archive posts on how to check, service & repair injectors & the whole PI system so it’s worth spending an hour or so reading through some of these. You can replace seals etc yourself but it’s probably not a good idea unless you really understand what your doing; but in your case I doubt if you will need to if the system has been refurbished fairly recently.