metering unit leaking

Hi can anyone help the metering unit on my 6 has started to leak from the square black plastic cover as I`ve never touched one of these befor any help would be great can you get new seals are they servicable or is it time for recon one don`t realy want to go down that road at mo

Hi Shuey,

I can thoroughly recommend Malcolm at Prestige for advice, components or a recon MU. I avoided changing the MU for quite some time but eventually ordered (after weeks of trying to fix mine) one of Prestige's unleaded (new rotor) MU's with a set of injectors and the car is transformed. Excellent quality aside, it was a pleasure talking to a subject matter expert who is clearly passionate about getting your car just right. I had an unrelated pedestal and injector pipe problem and Malcom asked me to send the lot to him, MU, pedestal pipes and injectors and he sent me back a completely tested and functioning system (all free of additonal charge) with a lifetime rotor guarantee. This cost about the same as a cambelt change and service on my Golf - Money well spent.

Good luck - hope this helps .... Dave

• 3 weeks later...