clock, trip reset and main beam bulb!

OK. Forgive me but I'm new to all this. 

My handbook says adjust the clock with the knob under the dash - OK, can do. It also says reset the trip with the knob under the dash - ?? same knob as the clock?, does nothing.

How do I fit the bulb in the main beam tell-tale light on the dash - does the instrument cluster come away - how?

thanks

G

The reset button location depended on which model dash you have - on the later cars it was at the front.

Replacement of the main beam indicator bulb requires you to remove the section of the dash above the instrument cluster and the cowling around the steering column. Next unplug the various connectors - two electrical connectors and the speedo cable plus remove the small metal can (low fuel light delay) fitted to the top of the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster can then be carefully maneuvered out of the dashboard.

You can then access the little black bulb holders on the back of the instrument cluster!

Reassemble the same way but be very careful with the old plastic as it is brittle after all these years.

Cheers

Howard

The photo shows the location of the adjustment knobs on the instrument panel for a late '81 model, however my TR7V8 conversion is different. For the speedo trip reset there is a short flexible bowden cable with a knob clipped in place on the metal frame beneath the instrument cluster. It simply is a push fit on the back of the speedo & in my case doesn't work when its clipped in place so it hangs free - if the previous owner has done the same thing its possible it fallen off & been lost.

Cheers

Howard

04-04-08_1823.jpg

Edited by HowardB
Correction