TR6 Ignition switch change

Hi All, I wonder if you can help me cure a problem I have following a change of my Ignition switch.

The Car is a 1974 CR series. The old switch went wrong and the car wouldn't start. I've replaced it with a new one from Moss. Basically I lost the voltage to the 

ignition/fuel pump etc. Voltage to starter was fine. I removed the switch, tested it and found one side of the switch had gone faulty.

When I now start the car the key does not 'spring back' to position 1 when you let go, It stays in the 'Starter' position. 

I have to manually turn the key back one position to disengage/stop the starter motor.

So the question is where is the spring that returns the key to position 1 when you let go of the key? Is it in the new ignition switch

or is it in the key barrel which i didn't touch?

I'm sure I've fitted the new switch back correctly. Electrically it works fine again, just doesn't flick back again.

Any help would be great.