Points...A good tip...

You may recall last August I posted here how my RAC recovery man wired up my new points incorrectly. If not...it was one of those red hot 32 deg (Celsius) days and after sitting in a traffic jam for some time as I drove off the car became undrivable! Pulled over and discovered no spark at the Dizzy! Called out the RAC who discovered it wasn't the Coil, so I guessed it must be the Condenser? Called a mate who arrived with a new one and new Points. RAC man fitted both...still no spark! After being towed home, I found RAC had earthed the live to ground! But the original fault wasn't the Condenser! It was the original Points...the Nut on the post had been overtightened and the Sprint had cut into the fiber base insulating washer! So lesson learned...don't over tighten the Nut...and use the Points that have Nylon washers!