30amp to kenlowe fan?

Dear Friends,

I have been following the excellent instructions found in this forum to connect up my kenlowe fan. I have fitted a 30 amp relay to the unswitched supply and I’m fitting a inline 30 amp fuse. On the switch supply I have additionally included an override switch on the dash board. Without all the guidance here I wouldn’t have figured everything out so many thanks to previous contributors in the past. However I have one nagging doubt. The 30 amp supply from the relay is carried to the fan via an appropriately stout heavy gauge wire (the same stuff used for horns). The wire from the fan to connect up to is not the same gauge? It’s more like standard wire used for lamps and most else. Is it going to be ok to connect to this wire with my potential 30 amp feed??

thanks in advance.

neale.

If it is the wire that the makers fitted to the fan then it must be of an appropriate size.  Yes that will be fine to hook up to your new feed Neale. By using a heavy gauge wire for part of the run you will have minimised the voltage drop over that bit.  There is nothing wrong with fitting a supply with more current capacity - the fan will only draw what it needs. 

Thank you RobH,

it is a post of yours from 2017 that I followed to the letter I think, complete with diagram. It is reassuring to get your reply this evening. Yes it is the original manufacture wire to the fan. Tomorrow I start everything up and then see if all is fine. The temperature gauge is an anomaly just now but I have installed a new sender and voltage stabiliser. Again help from here two weeks ago guided me through that.

best wishes,

Neale.

1960 Tr3a. BRG.