Hello (again)

I am pressing on with my glacial-speed work on my '4, with a view of getting it running again. Or at least moveable. With the aid of the Forums, so far I have repaired the pedal box, clutch hydraulics, fuel tank, pump and have moved through the system to the carbs. These are now removed awaiting a gasket set rebuild.

I was surprised that the vacuum line from the carb(s) to distributor was blocked. This might explain at least one reason for its poor running the last few times it was on the road, about 7 years ago. I realise this can be deduced with a timing light if the the ignition advance isn't working & the vacuum advance in the distributor (a likely culprit) is ok

Anyhow - another thing to check if your car is running, but not that well.

I was very lucky to have a reel of wire which I could feed in to prod my vacuum pipe, then I found I could blow through it, followed by a good squirt of freeing oil.

Thanks

Adrian