I have two areas of exhausting questions:

First, I am seeking advice on exhaust mounting points for my Doretti, which uses a TR2 engine but has a beefier tubular frame. My Doretti engine is a TR2 engine, but Doretti used a hard exhaust mounting through one of the bolts low on the Bellhousing, near the joint of the exhaust header and the tail pipe.  There are also two flexible exhaust mounts at the center cross-members, and a flexible rear mount.  I have been trying to reconstruct the hard mount on the Bellhousing, but it involves fabrication, welding and creativity which are not my strong suits.  So I am thinking of just leaving off that mounting point altogether.  My concern is that I might create a risk of excess vibration leading to possible cracking of the manifold.  But, my TR2 does not have a hard mounting there, albeit with a slightly different hangar arrangement at the center of the car.  So I am inclined to press forward without it.

Next, the original Doretti exhaust configuration had two 18-inch silencer/resonators - one at the front just past the header and one at the rear near the differential.  TR2 used a single oval-shaped 18 inch silencer tucked under the X frame.  My pet thing for my cars is to get the exhaust systems as original as possible so they breathe and sound the same.  I found a source for an oval 18 inch silencer on my TR2, which was not easy!  I recently got two additional 18 inch silencers from the same source to use on the Doretti.  But I have read that a "silencer" ( or muffler to me) is not the same as a "resonator".  Is that true?  I want to make sure that I am not supposed to have one "resonator" and one "silencer".  Thanks!

Cheers

Dan