Hi Kevin & welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search for that TR; it should be a pleasurable experience & I don’t think it will be hard if you have a realistic budget! Advice I would give is:-

• Look at as many cars as you can before jumping in with the cash – there are really loads out there but it’s a matter of finding the good ones!

• Bering in mind the first comment; you generally only get what you pay for

• All that glitters is not gold – it could be loads of filler & a quick blow job!

• If you are not experienced with TR’s, get someone who is to have a good look at any potential purchase

Kevin,

I have an ex California TR6 for sale, signal red, carbs, chrome wires, cream interior, chrome boot rack.

99% rust free, slight bubbling under the paint on the lower rear wing, no chassis or sill problems, no holes in inner wings etc.

Not perfect, but a nice bright hobby car.As you may see from my "wanted" add, there are some jobs to do, but this is half the fun!

The car comes with its first owners log book, detailing all its movements and expenditure. It was converted to RHD in the early 80's by TRbitz.

I reduced the price over the weekend to £6250 and would still be willing to talk a little.

Pics can be emailed with a little notice, otherwise I'm located in Derby, and happy to drive the car to meet you if required.

Rob.

PS. It also has overdrive.

Edited by robgeev
Kevin,

I have an ex California TR6 for sale, signal red, carbs, chrome wires, cream interior, chrome boot rack.

99% rust free, slight bubbling under the paint on the lower rear wing, no chassis or sill problems, no holes in inner wings etc.

Not perfect, but a nice bright hobby car.As you may see from my "wanted" add, there are some jobs to do, but this is half the fun!

The car comes with its first owners log book, detailing all its movements and expenditure. It was converted to RHD in the early 80's by TRbitz.

I reduced the price over the weekend to £6250 and would still be willing to talk a little.

Pics can be emailed with a little notice, otherwise I'm located in Derby, and happy to drive the car to meet you if required.

Rob.

PS. It also has overdrive.

My hobby is classic cars and over the last 3 years i have bought 5 on ebay. they have all been up to my expectation and worth more than my ebay cost

hi guys

thanks for the replies and advice and i will be looking around buy as i am in scotland its not easy to look around here as trs are as scarce as a hens back teeth so anyway i am looking for a blue or maybe racing green so any other tips would be welcome

thanks

kevin

Edited by kevin320

Hi Kevin , welcome to the club & forum .

Where are you in Scotland , there are one or two of us up here . Mine is not for sale unless someone with more money than sense offers silly money but if you are near the Glasgow / West coast area I am more than willing to help you with a look over any prospective car .

Scott