Larger wheels

How large rims can I put on the TR6?

Has anyone put on 17"-18" wheels, and if so where can I get these?

Regards

18" wheels? :huh: Where will it end? then you'll want a 6" exhaust pipe, sub woofies (or whatever they are) the next thing then is blue lights under the car....DON'T DO IT :rolleyes:

Simon

Bigger brakes, better choice of performance tyres, better appearance...... etc.

Exactly!!

I`m thinking of putting in a supercharger and will consequensly need better brakes.

Oh, and it looks awsome!!!

Regards

Scellis

• 5 months later...

Scellis,

I don't know if you're still looking for larger rims for your car, but Paul Beesley has a TR6 with 17" wheels. You can see his car on www.imagewheels.co.uk. It's in the Billet wheel photo gallery.

Personally I like it alot, but 18" wheels definitely seem overkill (and a bit weird)!

Kristof.

How large rims can I put on the TR6?

Has anyone put on 17"-18" wheels, and if so where can I get these?

Given the flavour of current threads, perhaps this should be renamed the 'Custom TR6 Forum'!

The problem with fitting larger dia wheels is they will look totally naff unless you go wider section & that raises all sorts of problems with fouling, not to mention the huge strain it will put on 50’s designed stub axles & hubs; but I suppose you could always fit a custom, 'Fandango' axle & suspension kit to it; ---- oh dear, I think I’ll go to bed now!