chocked matrix

Guest john mo

Guest john mo

having airlock prob on the top hose out of back head, have found there is no circulation through heater matrix so ive bypassed it and put a bleed point in airlock is now cured now i just need to unblock the matrix so i can put it back in line any suggestions as to best way thanks

You could try back flushing it with mains tap water, the problem could be just sludge (if you are lucky).

Try a hose on both sides to stop the mess going all over the engine, and try a low pressure to start with in both directions and hope for the best!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest john mo

c heers 4 that alec tried that this wkend but no luck agree with the caustic soda being last resort my uncle used 2 use it 2 clear choked block on his mini not so bad as iron block and head but woe viscious stuff dont half nip ill try the vin then kettle cleaner again fhis wkend again thanks again