Vernier Cam Gear Clamping Bolts Torque

Hi,

I have just installed a Vernier Cam Gear (from Moss) on my TR5, however have been unable to find information on the tightening torque for the clamping bolts?

Thanks,

Stan

Edited by smizgals

Try e mailing them for advice or failing that tighten the bolts to the commensurate torque for the dia and thread they are 8mm - 5/16 ? etc.

No matter what torque you'd like to apply you're limited by the material and thread form. If you've no idea go on google and search for torque tables for fasteners, you'll find a few offerings showing different threads and applications, when you find a table metric or imperial save the website, you'll find it useful for constant comparison and checking.

Mick Richards

Mick,

Moss 'advise to put some thread lock on the threads first and tighten to 10 ft/lbs'.

And with your prompt I have since spotted 'YPS 12.9' on the 6mm Socket Cap Screws and here: http://fullerfasteners.com/tech/torque-information/they recommend 12 ft. lbs.

I'll go for the slightly higher figure.

Thanks again for your prompt,

Stan