I had such dreams ! a nice uber expensive manifold that wouldn't look out of place on a palm tree, double ceramic coated on the inside, chrome effect on the outside, never mind if the beautifully restored standard throttle linkage would need to be replaced by an over head one.

It was all going great then ……………….new manifold £950, ceramic coating £700, exhaust system £350, throttle linkage £400, my rebuild budget being financed by the sale of BT shares, which by the way are the only b@stard shares going down in this market !

Queue rummaging through the shelves of the bits I didn't need to find the OLD exhaust system …………

Its a 6:1 design in SS, but its looking tatty so thought I would wrap it, so anybody give me an indication of roughly how much length wise of the insulating wrap I would need to cover it and if 1" or 2" is best to use, was thinking of using the black stuff as I'm thinking the white tends to get a bit grubby and then finishing it of with the black heat resistant spray coating.

Then if in time I win the lottery or BT shares become worth slightly more than the paper they are printed on I can 'upgrade' but in the mean time sure what I have will sufice to move the exhaust gas from the front of the car to the back !