Bodywork restoration help

I am new to the TR6 scene and have just purchased a LHD late 1972 car from the not so dry US which needs some help. I am looking for a company which is reasonably local to me (Oxford) which can strip the shell to bare metal and replace some of the panels as required. Sections of the floor and parts of the sills have been worked on before but not to the standard I am looking for.

I will be able to take the shell in a supportive frame (once removed) to whoever carries out this work. The problem is I am not sure where to take it. ironically I own a company walking distance from BMH where the panels seem to be made.

I am looking for this to be done to a high standard, so although price is important (it always is), having the work done correctly is more important. I will keep the car in LHD format.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful to hear them!

Finally, although I own a company which makes shock absorbers (Nitron), this is my personal car which I am restoring to keep as the TR6 has been one of my all-time dream cars. Finally come true, I hope.

Many thanks, Guy

Hi Guy.

I took over 20 years to find a restorer I trusted to build my car the way I wanted.

I eventually found Chris Redfurn of J&C in Egham, Surrey. Chris has a wealth of knowledge and experience having worked for several in the industry including Cox & Buckles.

His panel work is excellent and the body gaps reflect his high standards. He is not vat registered so not too expensive.

My car had won a few awards this year and the body and paint us down to Chris.

No commercial connections, just a happy customer. Laurence.

Thank you Laurence, your advice is much appreciated. So much work goes into a full restoration / rebuild that getting the basics right I think is important. I will make contact and see where it goes from there. I really want this part done properly. Thanks!

Guy