Ilfracombe Rally this weekend

Well, wish me luck guys, back out in the TR4 Saturday night - it's running like a dream (so we're bound to break down!) - seeded 6th but immediately behind my 2 rivals in the HRCR championship - currently championship leader but expect to be down in 3rd very soon due to dropping lower scores - if I can finish ahead of Wes Massam in the Volvo and Keith Jenkins in the Saab I'll be in with a chance but I don't suppose they will be very keen to let me get past - just hoping the size of the TR will work in my favour on those narrow North Devon lanes!

I was right - we did have a problem - the alternator stopped charging at 2nd petrol so we did the last third with no spots!!

For the second time running we were joint 1st, but 2nd on "furthest cleanest" (same happened on the Hexham) - only this time we were dead level until TC22! Sadly there wasn't a timed to the second section to sort out the ties. Amazing result for the hysterics - on combined results the old 'uns took 5 out of the top 10 places, pushing 4WD turbos into the background!! We were third overall.

The Ilfracombe was a fantastic rally, well organised, great start/finish venue/breakfast, brilliant route around wonderful lanes (very slippery conditions in the ice and mud), superb efficient and friendly marshalls - highly recommended for next year.

The TR4 went superbly well, lots of power, gearbox perfect, lsd working well, suspension coped with everything thrown at it, steered very precicely at very high speed along the narrowest, twistiest lanes I think I've ever driven on and kept a smile on my face right to the end - and there's not even the slightest scratch on it - about half the field had major contact with hedges and grass banks!

This result puts me firmly in 2nd place in the HRCR Road Rally Championship with just one round to go - very pleasing for my first full year where I've been gradually getting the car sorted - I can now finally say the job's done as I think it would be very hard to improve on anything now.

Congratulations, referring to my former topic I am interested in the type of tyre u used in these slippery conditions and still steer very precisely?

Cheers, Rudi