Electrical

Guest BLBoy

Hello, I've just replaced my alternator due to the bearings being noisy and siezing. When I did this I found I had one single spade connector with knowhere to go. Does anyone know what it's for?

I've also noticed the ign light glowing dimly when the fan is on setting 2 or 3 and the voltmeter indicate 1/2 scale (it's normally at the top end). Never noticed before but then I rarley drive it at night or with the fan on but it doesn't sound normal. perhaps the motor is knackered causing a larger volt drop pr whatever.

Is it a large brown wire? Later alternators have only one large pin for thick brown wires : you can leave it like that, or fix the 2 thick brown wires to the one alternator pin. When you have a big superfluous pin on the alternator, that's no problem either.

Normally this connections have nothing to do with the ignition light glowing. It seems that this alternator has much too less output : faulty current rectifier in your alternator probably.