TR7 V8 Part deux

I have just received a shiny manual choke conversion (Holley genuine part) for my Holley 4 barrel. Unfortunately the instructions are in clear English but I only understand clear pictures!!! Their is a perplexing array of nice brass bits which form the linkage. Would anyone be kind enough to email a few snaps of theirs so that I can get a rough idea of the layout. Please, please ,please.............

Cheers

Morph :)

Er... if memory serves, isn't this to do with converting the secondaries from vacuum (automatic) to manual operation?

I.e. nothing to do with cold starting? Could be wrong.

Here are some pictures of my carb, if they aren't high enough quality or missing the relevant part, I can try again later.

holley

holley

holley

holley

holley

Martyn, thanks very much for the photos. Interesting to see that a few people have retained the autochoke. When I spoke to Simon at S&S he heartily recommended a manual choke conversion. He also pointed out that some people have their Holley on back to front. Looking at the pix makes me feel I may have to go to the garage for a quick look!!!! (I didn't fit it!!!)

Morph

Breather system. It's actually just a foot or two of pipework costing, oh, about a quid or three, and the crankcase blows gas through it so that, unlike before, the rubber hose can't kink and block it and the engine start coughing at relatively low revs when trying to overtake up hills as a surprise.

I'd guess most engines don't need that, but mine is doing lots of blowby.

I have a version two, and three, in the pipeline (ouch).

V2 has the junction the other way round so the second rocker cover is joining the main flow, and v3 is a twin pipe. But I think this is all mainly because my engine needs replacing.

:laugh: