Hi

I have just bought an outside car-cover from the Register shop. I understand that there cud be a problem with 'rubbing' when using these. Should I be using a material between the car and the cover and, if so, what would be best.

Any advice re. keeping a TR 4A outside would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ernest

Hi Ernest,

My TR is garaged, so I'm not able to give you much in the way of insight regarding outdoor covers, but I'd imagine that if you bought your cover via the TRR shop it will be a better quality one and the inner lining should be soft enough not to cause any "rubbing" damage to your paintwork. However, when placing my indoor cover over my car, I never let it drag across the paintwork, but instead stretch it (holding it above the body) and then pull it down over the bumpers, just in case.

From my research into covers, it seems the main thing is to find one where the material is breathable, so that moisture isn't trapped underneath it. And so if you were to put another cover under the outdoor one, it would be best to make sure it is of a material that draws moisture away.

I know that quite a few TRR members use a Carcoon (a sort of tent for your car, if you haven't heard of it) for outdoor protection, or this similar offering from the TRR shop - http://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/cair-o-port-35-c.asp. I've not used either myself, so cannot say how good they are.

Darren

Dear Darren

Thanks very much for this useful advice - It seems that car-cover OK if careful

about moisture and possible areas that might rub. But that a 'car-coon' would be even better.

Thanks again - nice looking 5 by the way!

Ernest