Does anyone know anything about my car?

I was just thinking about it and as I'm here I thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about the history of my TR4.

Reg no. EOL573C

Red

it was obviously stripped out for rallying at some point (I've since started trying to get it back to normal, new bumpers, seats etc.) and has an uprated cam in the engine amongst other things.

So if anyone happens to know anything about my car, let me know!

Thanks.

Hi

I owned this car for about six months, having bought it from a guy in Birmingham called Andy who I met on a rally. He bought it about 2 years earlier and rallied it hard, at least once on the Classic Marathon. At this time it wore a 4 numbers 'VC' plate, which Andy sold separately.

I believe that it was originally a LHD ex USA car, imported by Brian Halliday in the 1980's who 'restored' the car for club rallying. I think it was used regularly.

When I got the car it was fairly tatty and I did the minimum to it while I knocked seven bells out of it (sorry!) at the same time as I was building my own car BST82B. I did do things like putting some rim in it and making everything work well enough to rally, but as I remember the wiring was a bit hairy and the gearbox and axle were getting a bit baggy.

I sold it to Gary Bates at TRGB a couple of years ago basically as it was, needing tidying up but it was sound and went well, although the handling was a little wild when you pushed it on - arguably a better car for autotests that my own, but considerably hairier at speed.

A much regretted sale in all, but I needed the money .......... good luck with it!

Regards

Tony