Horn

Guest f00700b

Guest f00700b

Hi, to you all, this is my fist time, so here we go.

The horn on my TR4, stoped working, so a brought a new horn brush, this works intermitently, there is a clicking sound when i turn the wheel, if i remove the brush, the clicking sound dissapers, i presume that the conection of the brush to the surface is not making a regular conection, is it simle to repair, my MOT is due in June so i would like to get it working as soon as possible, i hope some one understands what i am talking about and look forward to your replies, happy TRing, Dave.

Hi Dave, and a very warm welcome to 'The Forum'

Re your horn, you want to be looking at the connecter betweeen the push and the brass ring in the centre or the steering wheel. Flimsy affairs these a bit like a section of bic pen with two contacts either end and a spring in the middle. Take it out  check the contacts move freely, and there is continuity between them.

Then go down the column checking the earth wires that 'Bridge' the rubber doughnuts in the steering column.

Then come back tro us.

john.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest f00700b
Hi,and a Big thanks to John and Dave for your help, i went through, everything, eventually, it was the earth lead:i can now peep my horn as much as i like, get out of my way, Beep, Beep, Beep.: :laugh: