TR7 Press Car For Sale on Ebay

One of the 22 TR7 press cars is for sale on Ebay. These are the JRW---V convertibles used at the launch of the convertible at Woburn Abbey in January 1980. This one claims to be the first pre-production convertible and it's VIN number would suggest it may be the earliest of the 22 press cars although there are earlier RHD convertibles. This is not my car and I do not have any financial interest, just historical. The buy it now is £6000 probably a bit hopeful but if this was a TR6 from the press garage in a roadworthy condition just imagine what it would be worth! I wonder how long, if ever, before these TR7 press cars are truly valued for what they are?

Good to see another one of the press launch DHCs surviving and in apparently good condition, although I don't like the bodykit. Just my own feeling but aftermarket body kits always worry me - what is hidden behind?

Yes I too think the BIN is a bit hopeful but then if sellers are not prepared to ask decent money for a good example of a TR7 then prices will stay depressed.