Which doors fit

Hi all is it possible to use a convertible door on a fhc the door I have is very very rusty but has all of the fittings, can I transplant them onto the convertible one? Thanks for any info in advance. Cheers andy

Hasn't the FHC got metal frame that the window glass slide in all around the glass ??? the drop head hasn't !!

Regards

Nigel

Yes but the question is can the frame be transplanted into the dhc door?

The door skins are the same but the door frames are different - the FHC has the window surround as part of the frame pressing, I don't think it is removable apart from cutting it off & welding it on to the DHC door, which would be difficult to get aligned properly. The quarterlight assembly is different of course, there may be some detail differences in how this part mounts to the frame as well.

I really do think it would be a whole lot easier to look out for some decent FHC doors. Rimmers recondition FHC doors are £213 each (earlier type round locking knob), although I guess postage to France could be expensive!

Thanks for that, I will keep looking. Cheers Andy