Couple of questions from a new member

Guest MrTony

Guest MrTony
Hi there folks I have just bought my first TR although I have owned triumphs for some years now. Well I guess I hit my midlife crisis and went out and bought a shiny tr7V8 Now this TR7 V8 has holly 4 pot carbs. the problem being that when you accelerate hard there is a big flat spot before she rockets off. Is this a common fault or any hints to point me in the right direction. I also want to get the seats re trimmed with some nice leather are there any good places who can do this for little money (as when I bout the car my wife said "HOW MUCH") Thanks for looking...

MrTony

Long may you enjoy your TR - THE best classic sports cars available (biased - who, me?). The Holley is very sensitive to fuel float levels. May I suggest a call to Steve or Simon at S&S Preparations for advice - they know all there is to know on Holleys.

Leather seat covers can be had at a reasonable cost from S&S, Robsport and Rimmer Bros, and I'm told they're not too hard to fit. Mine came as a full interior kit from Rimmers, though I didn't fit it myself.

Mike

After looking at the various options for seat covers I had mine done by a professional car trimmer.  Why?  Cuz he was possibly the cheapest option and it would be a professional finish :;):

The job included all new padding, webbing and the seats trimmed in leather (inc headrests) with the back panel in PVC, cost well under £300.  I can drop you the contact details of the guy (based in Peterboro) if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard of flat spots on holleys; sometimes the problems are associated with the ancillary bits used with them. However I don't pretend to be an expert so my advice should not be treated as any font of knowledge. Hope it might help however.

What sort of fuel pump is set up with your holleys? - check to ensure that the fuel volume / flow is sufficient for the carbs.

The type of inlet manifold may also influence the delivery of the fuel mixture.

Good luck in sorting it!

Regards - RVL