Steering Wheel Vibration

Guest Chris Draper

Guest Chris Draper

Thought I'd share this one with you...

I've just moved to Australia, complete with my V8, naturally. Part of the procedure of registering the car over here is getting a "roadworthy certificate" (read "MOT"). I was directed to JC Automotive in Brisbane by the Triumph Sports Owners Association (the TR Register in Oz only deals with earlier models...). He's pretty keen on 7's - imports dogs from the US & does them up for sale & he also rallies a 7 so he knows a thing or two about them.

Anyway, the point of this story is that I mentioned the steering wheel vibration & he'd never heard of it. The only thing he could put this down to is that he replaces the hubs (on the same stub axle) with Holden (GM) hubs in order to uprate the brakes.

Could be a possible cause...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pilbaratr7

Chris ,

How did the roadworthy go? Will be good weather for driving all year in Brisbane. I'm over in W.A. were the weather is even hotter! I have reletives on the Sunshine coast and a block of land at Pomona. You will have to take a drive up to Monteville.

Glen.