the next two questions!

Hi guys

FHC rear parcel shelf, my vinyl seems to have come away from the moulding, can they be recovered, flocked or repaired, or is fibreglass the only way to go?

On the Dash clock, is there a recommended replacement / fix for a non working one?

Thanks,

Steve

Re the clock - is it non working? I was told by S&S to disconnect battery and reconnect. After several tries it started working. Occasionally stops and restart same way. Have thought of quick spray with silicone but you can't get at it without removing?

The separation of the vinyl on the parcel shelf is a common problem, I do not know of anyone who has been able to successfully reattach the vinyl or recover the shelf in the same way as the factory finish.

Apart from the fibreglass repro items, the alternative is to recover in a different way, you mentioned flocking which would indeed be one way. I have also seen good results obtained by carefully stripping off the old vinyl, then giving the fibreboard shelf several coats of dilute PVA to seal it, then spraying with several coats of satin black paint. I have seen a couple of shelves done this way & they looked pretty good.

Clocks do tend to stick especially if they have been disconnected from the power for a while. As Jemgee says, try disconnecting/reconnecting a few times. If it really is faulty you can pick up used instrument pods easily enough on eBay or suchlike to get a replacement. Alternatively it's a good place to fit an oil pressure gauge if you feel up to the plumbing etc.

Clocks - PTFE dry lubricant spray is a better bet than silicone for internal lubrication . . . . .

Parcel shelf - cut through and reglue the raised bubbles of covering, then repair the gaps with a liquid vinyl repair kit. Accept the fact that a perfect repair is impossible, but you can achieve at least a half decent result - and if the shape is good enough but the surface finish not, then flock spray.

Cheers

Alec