Info on FTE 226F

Thanks Sean, it still feels like there is a lot to do, but yes, on the home straight. I've got the rear brake drums and backplates to clean up and rebuild, and also finish off the front brakes, but apart from that it's lots of smallish jobs (lights, wiring etc) to get it finished and ready for the MOT. Trouble is many of the 'smallish' jobs can easily turn into 'biggish' jobs because of the problems that always arise.

I'm hoping to get the MOT sorted by the end of April........ But who knows!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Well, everything has gone really well over the last few months and the car has now left to go for steering and suspension set up and then from there for it's MOT.

I've driven it up and down the drive a few times and so far as I can tell everything seems to works ok. Fingers crossed!!

Hopefully next weekend another TR will be back on the road.

A few pics are attached

post-11991-0-44621500-1462220383_thumb.jpg

post-11991-0-73383900-1462220392_thumb.jpg

MOT passed today and now taxed for the first time since Sept 1977 :P:P

Did 30 miles today as a bit of a shakedown. A few niggles that need sorting but I was generally very pleased with how the car feels. This was the first time I've ever driven a TR and the experience didn't disappoint !!

There are still some big jobs to finish, particularly the interior and to get a soft top for it, but at least I can now get it out and about when the sun is shining. My weekends and summer evenings will now revolve around the weather forecast.

Edited by JPD

Thanks Sean. I've been out and about in it today and now have now covered about 60 miles. No major problems to report, but the jet on the rear carb is sticking down when the choke is pushed in and throttle linkage is very stiff, which makes it very interesting trying to drive around town!!

I've done a bit of oiling and tweaking tonight so hopefully should be better tomorrow.

It's a great feeling after 3 1/2 years of restoration to be driving it at last.