Swage lines

Guest JetAge

Just got mine for Xmas (sneaked a look before it was wrapped!) Havent been allowed to read it all but it looks like an excellent piece of work---------------one or two things missed out perhaps? rebuilding the distributor and fitting an electronic ignition pack might have been useful.

However to my mind Roger does tread 'unwarily' into one area. He takes issue with the Harris Mann body design. He says---'note the sweeping swage line along the side of the car, a feature not,I understand, popular with all owners.'

and in the conclusion,

'Possibly the only mistake Harris Mann made was the swage line down the side of the cars which though universally disliked, remained for the entire TR7 production run'

My reaction was, who has Roger been talking to?. Im certainly not aware of a universal dislike of this feature.  When first attracted to the car, it was the sweep of the bodywork that caught my eye------didnt know it was called a swage line then! I realise appreciation of design is a subjective thing but for me it is the Harris Mann styling that gives the car its special character--swage and all. Also swage lines are back in,look at the Alfa  GTV  and the latest BMWs are covered with swages.

In support of the Swage...............JetAge