HRCR legal front brake set-up

Suggest you use Revingtons Australian Discs, he swears by them and says some circuit racing tvrs are using them. For extra money he will heat treat them.

Welcome to the Forum Jim. It was good to meet you on the Targa  :D

I'm already using some "Australian" discs from Neil, but they are gooved, presume the ones you are talking about are the same but ungrooved? Can I use standard calipers with them, with EBC GreenStuff pads maybe? Will that be legal for the HRCR championship events?

Thanks for the info,

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the welcome. It is good to be here with all the other TRactors.

I understand from Neil that he does the same discs in a non grooved form. The standard caliper can also be used with pads of your choice.

This has been confirmed as a legal set up by Mr Paul Loveridge.

I havent ordered any yet but will be along with the dual braking conversion.

Jim Howe

Thanks for that Jim - I've spoken to my man at AMK Engineering who's rebuilding the suspension and brakes and his opinion is that the standard discs are adequate on a rally car, as opposed to a circuit car - the cryogenic treatment makes them last longer, which would be more important under racing conditions with very abrasive pads.

Anyone want to buy an almost new pair of 4-pot calipers and gooved discs? Fit all TR's to TR6 I'm informed  :D

Cheers

Andy