pedal car

Guest stephen

Guest stephen
I have in my possession a pedal car, which is a replica of a TR4 (including the tear-drop on the bonnet). It has been in my possession for 17 years and came to me via my friend who purchased it second-hand in 1978. I do not know who manfactured this car but would guess it must date from no later than 1967. It is in very good condition but has been resprayed some years ago, and I would like to know if anyone has any information about such a car or which company would have manufactured it. It is interesting to note that the rear suspension could be considered IRS, thus making it a TR4a. Any information would be appreciated.

Stephen,

Sorry I can't help with the manufacturer, but I did see one of these on ebay a few weeks ago. If memory serves me I think it sold for about £220.

Graeme

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Chad valley Tr4 pedal car 1950’s excellent

This is a delightful Red pedal car made by Chad valley in we believe the 1950’s. Made in the form of a TR4 ( Triumph) this wonderful car is in excellent condition. The steering wheel has the Chad valley logo. The plastic body work seems to be undamaged with out splits or cracks, the  metal  work has a little corrosion as do the wheels: the wheels have cleaned off very well and would probably improve more with a bit of rubbing. The lights appear good though I have not checked whether they still work. The front grill is plastic with a metal paint over this is worn. I do have 3 of the 4 wheel hubs. One has gone missing but will be supplied when found.

sold for £280.88

I nearly bought it but thought I might get shot by her indoors!

• 2 months later...