TR7 Restoration project...

Hi Everyone,

I recently started on the restoration of my 1977 Triumph TR7. I bought the car back in 1983, which I drove for about four years. It’s been in my garage for the past 24 years and I've now made a start to put back on the road.

If you’re interested to see how I get on please check out my blog http://irestorationtr7.blogspot.com/

All comments welcome, as I may need some of your advice!

Cheers

Kent Sandiford

post-10660-0-39987100-1323197303_thumb.jpg

Pictured 1983

post-10660-0-44848300-1323197341_thumb.jpg

Pictured November 2011

post-10660-0-39987100-1323197303_thumb.jpg

post-10660-0-44848300-1323197341_thumb.jpg

Hello Kent,

It's nice to see another fixed-head under restoration, a Speke built car too, the hard tops really are thin on the ground! I really enjoy driving mine, I enter as many 'runs' as I can in the summer. I find the 2 litre engine excellent and plenty quick enough for safe classic motoring enjoyment.

The previous owner has fitted Rover SD1 brakes on the front, they are superb! As I believe the original brakes weren't very good, (maybe something to consider whilst it's in bits).

For a sports car they have a really big boot, we carry some really large comfy chairs and a wind break to the shows, we take our camp stove, a table and spare folding chairs for friends, you should see the looks we get from MGB owners! They think we have a bottomless boot!!

The TR7 is now a rare sight on any show ground and we find a lot of people want to talk about the car. They are very under rated and under valued, good luck with the rest of your restoration, keep up the good work, I would love to see the car when it's finished!!

Cheers

fixed-head.

Hello Kent,

Keep up the good work, will be following your progress on the blog.

Currently checking out my newly acquired TR8 efi, to get her back on the road .(summer 2012)

And when it all gets to much for me, i take my TR7 DHC out for a spin, works wonders!!

(Ps: it looks like ,you will have to take the Saab out for a ride.)

All the best on your restoration project, greetings from Flanders Belgium. Luc M.

Hi Kent,

Keep up the good work, great to see another Speke car coming back. One mine is a Speke car and as my learned friend 'fixed head'

getting a rare car now.

Lots more TR7 stuff on the link Craig put on

My FHC-

acecafesept11004-1.jpg

Cheers John

Edited by john 215