Fitting an efi v8

With the engine in the car sitting on the lowered engine spacers I can close the bonnet but the alternator will not swing out enough to take the belt slack up. However, with the lowering spacers removed I can't shut the bonnet any ideas?

Does anyone have any photos of an efi unit in a 7, Its a long time since I took the unit out of the sd1 and am having problems remembering where everything went!

Simon

Which front end are you using? P6 or SD1?

I use the P6 set up but with the alternator mount modded to allow the alternator to swing down the side instead of sitting above the mount. This necessitiates a different tensioner but this is easy to fabricate and there is a convenient bolt location on the timing cover already.

I don't use the subframe spacers as i don't like what it does to the front geometry, especially on a lowered car. As a result i currently have a hole in an old style bonnet until i get a bulge made. this has the nice effect of cooling the top of the plenum......though it is not ideal.

I guess you are using the SD1 style which suspends the alternator, but would give the effect you report.

Cheers

Andy.

I am using an SD1 front end but today I have spoken to S&S who inform me that I need to use the TR7 alternator and not the Vitesse one that came with the motor that way it should fit.

I will try this after I have brought a TR7 alternator as I gave my old one away thinking I would not use it!

Thanks Simon