Poor engine performance

THANK GOD they never got around to designing and fitting "ELECTRONIC" injection - we would really be screwed.

Pat

That's obviously why it's fitted to all modern cars... :rolleyes: My EFI is a darn sight easier to adjust than the mechanical Lucas unit... :P

Tony

Tony

For long term ownership and reliability status I would seriously consider making the move to a more "modern" injection system - but the nagging question in my mind is, how "user friendly" and DIY installation is the EFI to out TR6's - what /which are the costs for an "average / normal road" system.

As we all get a bit older - we lose the abilty to keep in "tune" - our bodies don't like being stressed and messed around with (but we still try anyway)- and we breakdown much easier than before, just like our TR's ..... pre-haps everybody should experiance owning a TR - this might give them fuel for thought about how "simple - BUT complex" our own systems are, just as these strange beasts we are still trying to master.

Pat

Tony

For long term ownership and reliability status I would seriously consider making the move to a more "modern" injection system - but the nagging question in my mind is, how "user friendly" and DIY installation is the EFI to out TR6's - what /which are the costs for an "average / normal road" system.

As we all get a bit older - we lose the abilty to keep in "tune" - our bodies don't like being stressed and messed around with (but we still try anyway)- and we breakdown much easier than before, just like our TR's ..... pre-haps everybody should experiance owning a TR - this might give them fuel for thought about how "simple - BUT complex" our own systems are, just as these strange beasts we are still trying to master.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Keep in mind that I fitted to my TR6...it can't be that difficult... :D Have a chat with Harrytr5 as he has all the contacts over there and can give you an up to date price of his system. The best thing about EFI (well, one of the best things), is you can plug a Laptop into it and see what's happening and when it happens...tuning is easy as.

My system cost me approx $450 AUD, that's about 300 quid in your money...not too bad... :)

Cheers

Tony

Tony.

Thanks for the reply.

EFI is something that I will be considering in the future, hopefully I might get a chance to "look" at one fitted to another members car at the IWE at Harrogate very soon.

Would be very intresting to see the "before and after" engine maps of somebody's conversion.

Pat