Uneven front suspension???

It seems that the front drivers side has a stiff suspension joint...or something. When I press it down an 1" it doesn't return??? Stiff polybush joint or dud shock? Anyhow, very glasd it's not a twisted chassis or anything!

It seems that the front drivers side has a stiff suspension joint...or something. When I press it down an 1" it doesn't return??? Stiff polybush joint or dud shock? Anyhow, very glasd it's not a twisted chassis or anything!

Simple test yes :P;) I dout the shocker but to test remove the nuts on the top then twist some wire around the thread ( it will let you pull back) and test.No joy then check the torque on all the wishbone nuts inner and outer top and bottom

Hi Christian- a similar problem with my 4A on the n/side proved to be seized lower wishbone inner bushes. I removed the shocker & spring

then uncoupled the ball joint to check the wishbones independent of each other. Replacing the bushes cured the problem.

Good luck

regards

Richard

Thanks Richard. I took off the wheel, undid and retightened all of the joints adding some lubricant, but it made no difference. The N/S front bounces (a bit as it should) but the O/S is stiff with virtually no bounce - when pushed down it stays down. I think I may follow your example and do a full strip down.

I also undid the top nut of the shock, the centre move up and down without a problem.