I'm in the process of restoring a 63 TR4 (Comm No CT17904) and have found the disc caliper pistons to be corroded.

Before I dash out to a brake restorer and get the same Type 16P service exchange calipers, do any of you experts know of a  Superior Multi Piston budget caliper that will fit as an inexpensive alternative to the original?

Thanks

Phil

Can't say if it's a cheaper option, but I have recently fitted the 4-pot calipers and grooved discs from Revington - with Green Stuff pads they require quite a bit of pedal pressure and a bit of warming up, but if you plan to do anything enthusiastic in your TR (e.g. track days, rallying) they work very well and appear fade-free in my hands.

Cheers, Andy Lane

Thanks Guy's

The link to Vintage TR was very useful, unfortunatly I cannot find a Toyota Petrol 4 x 4 79 - 83 Pick-up for the calipers, or the part no. Anyone know if these calipers were fitted to other more popular Toyota models available in the UK.

Cheers

Phil