Brmm Brrmm Brrmm Hic

Hi guys

anybody had this before

my TR6 PI has been fully rebuilt,the engine pulls well and accelerates freely, fuel consumption is reasonable and car starts and ticks over well. However

a six cylinder should have a smooth tick over, mine appears to vibrate, it will tick over and then every 2nd full revolution it will miss a beat,

Ive changed injectors, reset butterflies, renewed seals and bushes in fuel distributor, it has electronic ignition, new plugs new rotor and cap, just converted to bosch pump.

any clues ???

Kevin,

You seem to have checked everything that needs checking; does it pick up cleanly on all 6 after idling or does it miss slightly on one pot? If so it could still be an injector problem. Feel each fuel line in turn near the PI distributor, you should be able to feel a strong & definite pulse; if one is weak look at that injector spray pattern & check for air or debris. My car has other problems but it idles perfectly; they ere always a bit  brm, brm, brm & won’t idle as smoothly as a modern 6 pot Beemer, especially with the CP series cam. How did you set the throttle butterflies? They can be a bit difficult to synchronize especially if you have the later CR series throttle linkage which is a pile of ****!

thanks

all the injectors have a strong pulse, no cylinders miss fire, your right about the butterflies but at idle these are all closed fully, the vacuum is ok because if i close the idle vent screw,the engine stalls, this is a cr model, any suggestions who in the tunbridge wells area is good for tuning, and how much ?