TR3a Suspension

Gents,

I would like to pose a question for discussion.

The lower inner suspension arms have the later plastic and steel bushes fitted, typicaly we also replace the top inners with replacement poly bushes, also lubricated but no dust boot or seal.

There is no dust seal and never was on the top inner arms which left the rubber bushes to seize onto the metal pins making them a tad difficult to remove. We also assemble with grease the poly bushes that we install in the rear spring hangers, and antiroll bar bushes and top inner bushes?

My question then, is whether or not it is necessary to install grease seals on the lower inner nylon bushes and if so why? The outer trunnion bushes I understand as the grit impregnated grease acts like carburundum paste and wears the brass bushes. Also installing oilite bushes provides increased lubrication.

Is road dirt any more likely to stick to nylon bushes than the constantly changeing forces causing the rubber seals on the trunnion bushes to expand and contract,sucking the grit laden grease into the bushes.

All view points gratefully received.

Rgds

Rod