Fellsman

Guest andywduck

Guest andywduck

We are going up to Lancs to do this rally for the 2nd time, next weekend, after trying it last year - one of the best "tour" type rallies we have done, really excellent fun and challenging.

Anyone else doing it?

Andy

Guest andywduck

sorry for double entry, i see a few people have done this - if one of the "techies" is reading this, there is an error screen after posting the topic which made me go "back" then post again. but it had posted first time around. ah well...

Andy

Guest andywduck
bit sad, replying to my own entry, but we just got back from this and it was an exceptionally good event. Very hard navigation through stunning countryside, but no timing, so good for beginners. we were the only team to "clean" the morning and afternoon sessions, and finish both within the allowed time windows, so i guess we won!
Well done Andy! Looking forward to the Three Castles now I bet!!:)  Should be a bit more competitive! We're doing the Tour of Anglesey, the following week, or whould I say "I" am as Ade has just been informed his presence is required elsewhere :(  - anyone fancy a ride in a TR4? - got to be good with maps and have a sense of fun - June 12/13th - I'm paying and can provide accommodation on Anglesey.

Andy,

any tips you can offer to help others follow your epic performance? I hear you were untouchable both on the straights and through the twisty stuff.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andywduck

We have a Retro Trip - a bit cheaper, and much easier to set up (no filddly gears etc). They are twin display, and look the part, not modern. We have ours mounted on top of the dash, on the left and angled in, so I can see it whilst driving, as well as the missus navigating.

The only downside is that its not too clear in the dark. Brantz trips however have LED displays, but they aren't too easy to see in the sun, especially if you are topless. Important factor when most rallying is done in daylight.

Retrotrips spin at 2500 rpm, faster than the hoover twin tub, too. However they are only available in black, not stainless.

Andy