Hi all

The advice re setting timing in the manual is to set at TDC then advance 4 deg using the thumbwheel. It states that each division on the vernier scale = 4 deg. However, another respected TR website in the USA states that one rotation = 8 deg therefore the 4deg needed is half a rotation of the thumbwheel.

Half a rotation of the thumbwheel no where near covers a scale division. So what is correct here? How do I achieve 4 deg advance?

Your advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

to the best of my knowledge, the TR workshop manual is correct in its instruction, as in each division represents 4 degrees of crankshaft angle. I'm not convinced that rotations of the thumbwheel are necessarily quite so consistent a measure, as I suspect that the relationship of thumbwheel rotation to vernier scale adjustment can vary between different models of Lucas distributor.

Cheers,

Alec