Sealing vacuum pipe to carburettor

Hi all

Following a recent run in my 1959 TR3A and after I had turned the engine off I noticed slow drips of petrol from the vacuum pipe connection on the underside of the carburettor ie through the male fitting into the carburettor body. I guess this was some residual fuel left in the carbs.

I have H6 AUC878 carbs

I understand this connection is prone to leaks.- If it is not fuel tight it is also not air tight so rendering the vacuum advance inoperative. However, I dont want to overtighten the nut.

Any advice on how to seal this? (careful use of Silicone sealer?)

thanks

Steve

Hi all

Following a recent run in my 1959 TR3A and after I had turned the engine off I noticed slow drips of petrol from the vacuum pipe connection on the underside of the carburettor ie through the male fitting into the carburettor body. I guess this was some residual fuel left in the carbs.

I have H6 AUC878 carbs

I understand this connection is prone to leaks.- If it is not fuel tight it is also not air tight so rendering the vacuum advance inoperative. However, I dont want to overtighten the nut.

Any advice on how to seal this? (careful use of Silicone sealer?)

thanks

Steve

Probably better off with PTFE tape and make sure you dont block the hole. Check your float levels as well as there shouldnt really be any fuel down there.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart

Will try PTFE tape.

I did rev the engine before turning the engine off so thought it might be a small amount of fuel left in the carb. I will check the float levels again.

( Is this problem(leaks)why some vacuum pipes have vapour traps?)

cheers

Steve

( Is this problem(leaks)why some vacuum pipes have vapour traps?)

cheers

Steve

Yep ;)

Stuart