Hi Belgrove car owners. As mentioned by another member, the Belgrove description appears more fitting to me than the side screen description, like the other cars being refered to as Michelotti and Karman.

Anyway,to get to the point, I recently discovered the tankard (shown in the picture) at the back of my cupboard which I picked up a few years ago. Oddly it refers to a "TR2a" and has a photo of a Francochamps TR2 but with a registration number of 277 BOX.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about such a car's existence. As someone has gone to the trouble of having a tankard engraved I assume it possibly existed at some time. Long shot I know, but just wondered if anyone had ever heard of it in the past.

HI there, Dont know if it helps, but the registration 277 BOX would have been issued in Birmingham July / aug 1960. This of course does not match a TR2,nor even a Francorchamps. The car could have been registered or re-registered then, which used to happen enough in those days. Can you tell whether it was a RHD or LHD car ? I cannot tell from the pic. I would have thought that all Francrchamps would be LHD, but I can find out about that.

All in a bit strange - maybe not a genuine car, but something composite ?

Hope this help, John S

Guest DeBartolomeis

I've got it, It was a trophy for this TR2 Franchorchamps. It is missing its set. I'll send you the photo if you send me your email... You might want to talk to the owner.

Thanks,

James

Hi James, Thank you for your reply. If you click on my profile you can send me an e mail from there. Is the registration number a UK registration do you know, or was it Belgian where such cars were made? I know Belgian registrations invariably have 3 letters and 3 numbers. You refer to contacting the owner so I would be intrigued to know when the car was last known to exist.

Thank you very much for your research. Most appreciated.

Thanks also Ian & John for your interest.