Hardtop Restoration

Guest DeBartolomeis

Guest DeBartolomeis

Hey, my dad and I just recently bought a Tr3a hardtop. My dad's triumph came with a hardtop when i bought it in 1993. Unfortunatly, he sold it and he's regreted it since, until this week. We bought this hardtop for $300 but it is missing some parts. I need a new back window, and the hardtop fitting brackets. I would like to replace the drip channels but i can't seem to find a supplier. If you know of any that supply the following, could you please message me. Also if you have restored your hardtop, would you please give me advice and possibly pictures.

Thanks,

James

Edited by DeBartolomeis

Hey, I just recently bought a Tr3a hardtop. My triumph came with a hardtop when i bought it in 1993. Unfortunatly, I sold it and I've regreted it since, until this week. I bought this hardtop for $300 but it is missing some parts. I need a new back window, and the hardtop fitting brackets. I would like to replace the drip channels but i can't seem to find a supplier. If you know of any that supply the following, could you please message me. Also if you have restored your hardtop, would you please give me advice and possibly pictures.

Thanks,

James

Moss do supply the rear windows although they do need a bit of careful trimming to suit and they also do the fittings to mount them. The drip rails have been unavailable for some years but I have had success with aluminium extrusion from local hardware stores being of a similar profile.

Stuart.

James, Moss also supply the fitting kit that fits to the windscreen and rear deck but not the 5 angles brackets that bolt to the rear of the hard top itself. Hopefully your hard top came with these. If you do a search under the TR2-3a scetion for "hardtops " you will find some previous posts with some good pictures and advice for head lining. Good luck.

Guest DeBartolomeis

James, Moss also supply the fitting kit that fits to the windscreen and rear deck but not the 5 angles brackets that bolt to the rear of the hard top itself. Hopefully your hard top came with these. If you do a search under the TR2-3a scetion for "hardtops " you will find some previous posts with some good pictures and advice for head lining. Good luck.

Thanks you for your help. Yes, I am unfortunately missing 3 angle brackets for my hardtop. I have purchased the fitting from moss, but im trying to find a supplier that sells the backwindow for a lower price.

Thanks,

James