Fitting New Exhaust

It's all in the title really, I'm fitting a new stainless exhaust, I have the TR4 fitting kit, but as the old one was completely different I don't have a reference as to where the fixing should go. Any photo's or diagrams would be much appreciated.

Just got to drill the studs out of the manifold now.......

Thanks in advance

Steve R

Essentially the bracket comes off the right hand bolt for the rear gearbox mounting, facing rearwards. There are a number of variations of the rest of the hardware off the bracket to the exhaust (About three different mounting systems depending on year and availability) but once you have the bracket mounted the rest will become clearer. The rear one is a strap down from the bracket on the rear cross tube.(These often need trimming to length.)

When fitting try to ensure clearance around the centre tube where it goes through the "X" of the frame and watch the front of the first silencer isnt too close to the chassis frame where it goes back from the "X" on the left hand side as the repros often touch.

I have just fitted an original NOS pair of rear standard steel boxes to a 2 and the fit was so much better than the repros (and a much nicer sound as well ;) )

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart

I Thought that looked the most likely, because of the sheared studs i haven't offered the front section up yet.

I will have to live with a different sound, the one on there was a welded one piece, one box, twin ended thing, I once arrived home just as my wife was opening the garage door, "that's lucky" I said, "I was in the loft and heard you coming down the bypass" she replied. :D

Steve

Edited by Steve R