Plenum Modification...Fabrication

Have just made a new one from 16gauge mild sheet metal by bending it around a 4" drain pipe. Then welded in the inlet tract. I have increased the length of the plenum by an inch at the back after cyl 6 to reduce some of the turbulence. (Dad is an audio engineer and said drilling holes etc. dont eliminate standing waves. It has to be designed out. So havent done anything in that area.)

At the filter end, have opened up the hole in the back of the canister to a 4" flange. Removed the bracket across it and welded two long bolts on the sides . All are circular so no issues with neoprene duct. Thrown out the air filter in the canister. Have attached flexi ducting on both intakes on cansiter tie wrapped across the top and bottom of grill. Ending in a double flanged K&N.

The overall idea: increase volume, steady stream, lower velocity and increased pressure at intake.

Dont know if it work as yet.

Cheers

Sarajit

That is proving to be a struggle at the moment because of image file size. I just cant seem to post anything without the site freezing. I must be doing something wrong. Will give it a shot again at the weekend. The overhaul of the 6 is running 10 days behind schedule and there's so much more to get done for my May deadline :)

Couple of shots of the all new plenum tube wrapped around 4" drain piping with jubilee clips. The trumpets were welded in. Sorry dont have the finished product picture as it has gone for painting in grey anthracite. Also attached is a shot of the headers which has been stripped back for a fresh coat of paint. And some chop chop shots of the 6 being taken apart.