TR7 FHC unfinished project

I am sure someone will benifit greatly from a purchase error as a result of not consulting an expert!! 3 weeks ago I bought what I thought was a good buy and something I could enjoy the summer months in.........wrong! So without going into all the details, the car is being offered for sale.

Here we have a TR7 FHC chassis number: SATTPAEJ7AA406681 - Reg No: WUD 50X & first registered 24.5.1982 (Soon to be 28 years old)! This car started being restored I guess from the bill dates, in 2004 and what a lot of time and money was spent.

The following is a list of all the items and parts bought and fitted: Starting from the front - The car was stripped to almost bare shell, repaired various areas that required it at that time and fitted a body kit, over sills etc. A set of four 15" Compomotive alloy wheels were fitted along with good quality tyres, then the car had a bare metal respray at a cost of £2,500. Front bumper replaced with the American rubber style. Another Webasto sun roof was fitted along with new h/light motor kits, rear light assy's and side lighting and transfers fixed to comply with the model year. The engine was rebuilt, SU's stripped and reconditioned, 5 speed gearbox overall and subframe rubbers replaced. An anti dive kit has been fitted, along with Spax and Munroe adjustable shockers with new springs front & rear. New brake servo and master cylinder, recon front brake calipers, with all brake hoses, pads and shoes fitted. New radiator fitted with every water hose replaced with new jubilee clips. A Thatcham alarm and immobilizer has been fitted. All parts supplied mostly by Rimmers with some of the bills.

All this time and effort then sadly the guy had done so much that he ran out of cash and eventually rented a council lockup and shut it away for almost 4 years? When the garage door was opened, before me was a gleaming sports car, the two pack Carnelia red paintwork looked great. We pulled it out after dropping in off the bricks (To keep the tyres off the ground). The interior is sound with blue tartan seats, the mats are a little tattered, but everything there including a cassette radio and a remote cassette loader in the glove box. All the glass is ok and instruments are working. After checking oil and looking around, it we put a battery on and following a little hesitation it started and did the engine sound good, especially burbling out through the stainless exhaust. On the trailer paid for and home. 160 miles and a day later the car was on the ramp at the local MoT station, just looking to see what, if anything needed to be done to get a certificat. This is where my delight fell to utter disappointment! Not only did'nt the guy replace the sills before putting the body kit on, the turrets were shot and every panel at the front attcked by the metal worm. Most of the rear underside was done and waxuyled though...whoooppeeee! There we have it, not an original story I'm sure you guys hear this all the time. Anyway, I am not in a position either time or financially to do the work required, so here it is for sale. I do not intend to break it, rather sell complete. So baring in mind the whole host of new parts and accessories I would welcome a serious offer and will deliver the car foc upto 100 miles radius of Newbury - Is this a batgain? Email me raydoncaster@btinternet.com. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Regards to all that have.

post-8680-127391306169_thumb.jpg

post-8680-127391306169_thumb.jpg

Edited by raTRace