Sagging rear end!!

Can anyone can help me with my choice of new rear springs for my 67 TR4A?

I've been looking at the uprated TT4212 ( 8.85" and 380lb )from Moss but have been told that I should replace

the front springs at the same time or stay standard - GSV1001 !?

I would like to avoid lifting the body too high but at the same time I'm sick of scraping my mufflers on every

speed bump and drive way I come across.....

I am living in Switzerland and although there is a big vintage car scene here there are not too many Triumphs and

even less options for parts.

Any info would be extremly helpful

Thanks Kiwi.

Kiwi

Which ever way you go, you can purchase spacers of varying depths to set the rear ride height. Therefore if you are away for the weekend etc and are carrying weight you can add spacers and remove when not. Its a very quick job to add and remove these spacers to suit youre outing.

Cheers Carl

Hi Carl,

So what you're saying is that I can fit the uprated(but slightly lower than standard) springs and if needed insert

a spacer later?. Sounds good, thanks for the advice and give me a call if you are coming to the Alps any time...

Kiwi

Kiwi

Which ever way you go, you can purchase spacers of varying depths to set the rear ride height. Therefore if you are away for the weekend etc and are carrying weight you can add spacers and remove when not. Its a very quick job to add and remove these spacers to suit youre outing.

Cheers Carl

Thats right Kiwi, I had the same problem always catching my rear boxes, so you can put thicker spacers when laden and smaller ones when not, but preventing you grounding your back boxes.

Cheers Carl

Edited by carld

Hi Kiwi,

Back in 1973 I simply fitted the then available standard TR6 rear springs to my '4A to cure the same problem. No spacers and no front spring change. At the time no-one appeared to have done this, (even C&B didn't know!)There was no problem to fitting them, they have given no problems in use and they are still doing sterling service 37 years later. (Perhaps I should change them now!)

Ian Evans

Hi Ian,

thanks for the tip, the springs I'm looking at from Moss ( TT4212 ) is in fact an uprated TR6 spring, the next option is slightly lower at 8.50" and a bit stiffer at 420lb. The ride height is not a problem because I can adjust this with spacers but the stifness might be a tad hard?. Any clues as what I should do???.